Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (830) 331-9218 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
Error: Contact form not found.
What our Clients are saying
I called Mike and told him how desperate I was for a resolve to an issue I was having. He had me come in that same day. He was so very personable
and professional! He gave me advice on solving the issue at hand and I was able to breathe again!
I highly recommend Mike I will for sure go back to him when needing financial assistance! – Patti H.Personable and professional
September 28, 2018
We are a tiny travel agency that has been in business since 2004. While looking back to the different CPA firms that we have employed for our corporate and personal tax filings, we had never had a moment where our extended filing date was a problem until last year. Enter Michael Essick, who was recommended to us via his posting at a long-time client’s church community board.
To say it was a hornet’s nest of IRS threatening form letters, and being dumped by the prior CPA firm, was just the start. Mike welcomed us in and gave us time to plead our case, then giving tentative and real solutions that worked for us. Even after a negative reply from the IRS, mike is still hopeful and still seeking a better outcome. Bravo for the “Go Get Them” attitude!
As of today, we have followed Mike’s advice and not only have we caught up on the monies that were requested by the IRS for 2018, he also completed the 2017 corporate and personal taxes filing for us, which produced a surprising refund. Yay for us, and yay for Mike, for turning around our small business with big tax problems and helping us get back into the black in less than six months.
Our appreciation for his skill and efforts will continue beyond the life of our agency. These last six months have proven that mike is a trusted and honest business person who can untangle financial business issues, as he did for us and as he will for people that we will be sending his way.
Thank you, a million times.
Steven and Lanette Rice
The Cruise Butler