Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (830) 331-9218 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
Error: Contact form not found.
What our Clients are saying
I wanted to give Michael Essick a big shout-out and thank you, for guiding me to the finish line in dealing with a 10+ year battle with the IRS. My challenges with the IRS started in 2007 when the economic meltdown began. My business took a 70% hit, and all of my assets dropped 40-50%. A couple of years later, I started working on an Offer in Compromise to get relief from a tax burden that was growing at a rate I would never be able to repay. From 2010 to 2018 I put together 4 offers, all denied. I then hired a national firm I’d seen advertised on a news channel to help get it done. After over a year of back and forth, the attorney. made an agreement with the IRS that did not settle anything, but only delayed liens. I called the attorney and told her that was unacceptable to me to delay, I wanted a settlement that I was clear on from the beginning. She let me know that she would need a large amount of money up front to go down the road. I said, “You’re fired!” After I made another attempt on my own and getting bad advice from the IRS, I took a breather until they filed a lien on me again. I got dozens of emails, calls, and junk mail almost daily, most of which hit the round file or deleted. One letter caught my eye, it was from Michael and for some reason, I left it on my desk and picked it up maybe a month later, opened it, called him and set an appointment. I felt comfortable and hopeful for the first visit and took his guidance throughout the process to submission feeling confident this time it was going to work. After getting an initial response about a month or two after submitting OIC, it was crickets from the agency for months and months, until I got the call from Michael a couple of days after Christmas that my offer was accepted. Best Christmas present ever. I will forever be grateful to Michael for his knowledge and direction in getting to the finish line. If you’re as frustrated as I was in fighting the IRS for a dozen years, I highly recommend that you hire Michael to get it behind you!Knowledge and direction in getting to the finish line
I called Mike and told him how desperate I was for a resolve to an issue I was having. He had me come in that same day. He was so very personable
and professional! He gave me advice on solving the issue at hand and I was able to breathe again!
I highly recommend Mike I will for sure go back to him when needing financial assistance! – Patti H.Personable and professional